Wednesday 4 April 2012

April Showers

So the weather has gone from sunny and splendid to wintery cold and snowing!
What is going on!
So my outfits over the past weeks has really altered, I've gone from chiffon dresses to my wellies!


My first job the past week has been sending in my Playful Promises design.
Playful promises are a london based lingerie company in which i have entered a spring summer '13 competition. Please follow and Retweet my posts on twitter as i would love Playful Promises to know how much winning this competition would mean to me!

The design is a bodysuit, a burlesque inspired design, creating smooth lines and figures on any woman. 
I personally hate having lumps and bumps in underwear so this suit streamlines the figure and has support in the right places with delicate sheer see through fabric for a sexy look!

design and description

my personal illustrations...

Moving on from my competition I have been shopping this week for the Vogue festival, i bought some beautiful items from Zara and ALDO...

 Leather tan sandals £70 ALDO
 Bag from ALDO...chiffon trousers in snake print ZARA... Cotton peplum top ZARA
 A trip to Harvey Nichols for a best friends birthday pressie, i purchased her a champagne manicure
My best buy a YSL box set with touché éclat, mascara and primer

Whilst shopping i had my eyebrows threaded, something I would definitely recommend!
The last photo here leads me to the next part of my blog, a review of the YSL make up i purchased from House of Fraser in Leeds.

beginning ... NO MAKE UP
 before touche éclat and mascara... just wearing the YSL primer...

 With mascara
 with mascara and touché éclat
My finished make up! 

What i have used:
BOBBI BROWN brushes, and lip colour
LAURA MERCIER foundation
MAC shimmer on eyes
YSL concealer, mascara and base primer



The best thing from the YSL set i got was not the mascara but the Primer!
The YSL secret primer is the best primer i have used, which is saying a lot as i normally pay a lot of money for the Chanel de blanc base from CHANEL. This new one makes your skin feel incredible! It also makes your make up look flawless and my make up has stayed on a lot longer and stayed on looking immaculate..
TOP TIP
Buy Yves Saint Laurent top secret PRIMER! 

As for the mascara and the concealer, I loved them, i genuinely think you forget how good the YSL mascara is, i used to use and then have since experimented with many different companies. I think it is a very good reliable product if your not sure which mascara to buy, this one will not let you down!
The concealer i have really enjoyed wearing, i usually wear erase paste from benefit. Both products are great but in different ways, the erase paste certainly gets your moneys worth, I've had mine for months and the little pot looks like its still got a long life left!
However the YSL touché éclat that i can see running out quite quickly does set better on the skin and not leave you with any of the make up creases under your eye that you can get with heavier concealers.

Here are some extra pictures from my best friends birthday party, @lucymelvillex who was 20 on Tuesday...

I am wearing:
black dress form warehouse
jewellery from New Look

Roisin (left) is wearing:
Red dress from Rare at Topshop

Lucy (right) is wearing:
Body con dress from Missguided.co.uk
Make up by MAC Harvey Nichols Leeds




Brilliant week and now a busy week of working ahead... 

Thank you,






No comments:

Post a Comment