Saturday 3 December 2011

carpe noctum...



carpe noctem...  







The sculpture project was quite exciting for me and was something new.  Sculpture is not something I have ever looked at or made, so I did feel like this would be a challenge for me.  I did miss the trip to the sculpture park the first week due to a family member falling ill, I did feel like this would put me at a disadvantage and tried to make a dress that sculpturally stood out and had a strong meaning and structure. 
  One of the first lessons I had with Julie we made a paper dress structure in around 20minutes.  This initial paper dress inspired my final piece.  I feel that my design came from shapes and I built my dress around the shapes and the way they enhanced and exaggerated the female figure



my 'carpe noctum' lady of the night dress.


Inspired from Winter nights...


Finished dress.... made from ablack denim fabric full embellished with sequins and glitter...
leather straps, leading to shoulder pads, the bodice is made up of panels of stiffened sequin material, painted panels of my own photoshopped image of a friend, the panels also have self made velvet devore with a star pattern on, and hand painted in water colour.

The back of the dress is backless and has leather tassles coming from one side of the dress diagonally to the dart points in the lower dress.  The panels on the dress conceal a zip from the hip to the top of the bodice.

No comments:

Post a Comment